Connecting the Pieces is seeking a Special Education Teacher (s) to provide services to students during traditional school hours who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Emotional Disturbance, Specific Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, Other Health Impairment as well as learners with no diagnosis but require assistance.
About Connecting the Pieces:
Connecting the Pieces serves as one of Pennsylvania’s most respected, educationally based behavior service provider. CTP works with top professionals and has built an impressive record of quality and support.
Connecting the Pieces delivers interventions that improves the lives of learners with special education needs and their families while working collaboratively with the school team. We offer comprehensive services to students who present with challenging behaviors and educational need. CTP provides individual attention to each student we serve while bringing all those working with the student together to ensure a collaborative effort in helping the student reach their fullest potential.
Working with CTP includes:
- Details to follow.
Training Reimbursement Incentive:
- Details to follow.
Position type: Contractor
Benefits of working as Contractor for CTP:
- Flexibility in schedule creation within regular school hours (typically 8am-4pm) - select cases that fit your schedule availability
- Ability to negotiate your rate with our CTP team
- Freedom to decide how much time you want to work each week - work as many cases (hours) or as few as you like (based on case availability)
- Provide services to students in the home, school, or classroom setting
- Provide instruction and support in academic areas and/or social skills
- Modify the general education curriculum/ lessons students based upon instructional techniques
- Differentiate instruction to meet the individual needs of students
- Monitor student’s IEP goals
- Provide Specially Designed Instruction (SDI) as deemed necessary in the student’s IEP
- Continually seek to motivate students for the learning task at hand
- Build a rapport with student(s) and team members
- Work collaboratively and communicate with members of the IEP team
- Obtain daily signatures/authorizations from parent or guardian
- Input data into CTP and school specific systems regarding schedules, hours worked, attendance, cancellations, mileage, and other required information in a timely fashion
- Valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certification in Special Education
- 1 to 2 Years’ Experience working with children who have special needs
- Available during typical school hours
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build a rapport with student(s) and team members
- Well-organized and reliable
- PA State and FBI clearances
- Personal transportation preferred
Connecting the Pieces is an equal employment opportunity provider. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in relation to the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity, against victims of domestic violence, sexual offenses, or stalking, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.