Connecting the Pieces is seeking a Behavioral Health Technician to provide services to students during traditional school hours as well as after school, weekends and holidays who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Emotional Disturbance, Specific Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, Other Health Impairment as well as learners with no diagnosis but require assistance.
BHT's will only service students in Chester County. Providers must be able to commute to Chester county cities.
About Connecting the Pieces:
Connecting the Pieces serves as one of Pennsylvania’s most respected, educationally based behavior service provider. CTP works with top professionals and has built an impressive record of quality and support.
Connecting the Pieces delivers interventions that improves the lives of learners with special education needs and their families while working collaboratively with the school team. We offer comprehensive services to students who present with challenging behaviors and educational need. CTP provides individual attention to each student we serve while bringing all those working with the student together to ensure a collaborative effort in helping the student reach their fullest potential.
Working with CTP includes:
· Details to follow.
Training Reimbursement Incentive:
· Details to follow.
· CTP offering online live instruction during the summer to help fulfill the required paraprofessional hours.
· Instruction such as Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis, Supports with students with autism, Overview of Special Education
· Each webinar will be one hour.
· Attendees will receive a certificate of completion.
· No fee to attend.
Position type: Contractor
Benefits of working as a Contractor for CTP:
· Flexibility in schedule creation within regular school hours (typically 8am-4pm) - select cases that fit your schedule availability.
· Ability to negotiate a hourly rate with the Human Resources Department
· Freedom to decide how much time you want to work each week - work as many cases (hours) or as few as you like (based on case availability)
· Provide services to students in the home, school, or community setting
· Implement student’s behavior plan throughout the school day
· Monitor and collect data on each IEP goal and identified target areas of concern
· Work collaboratively with the IEP team, including school and behavioral personnel
· Obtain daily signatures/authorizations from parent or guardian
· Input data into CTP and school specific systems regarding schedules, hours worked, attendance, cancellations, mileage, and other required information in a timely fashion
· Assist student to meet individual goals and objectives
· Maintain open and continuous communication with CTP office staff
40 Hour BHT Certification which CTP will provide free of charge
· High school diploma
· 1 to 2 years’ experience working with children who have special needs
· Available during typical school hours and after school hours including nights and or weekends
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to build a rapport with student(s) and team members
· Well-organized and reliable
· PA State and FBI clearances
· Personal transportation preferred.
· 20 hours of staff development activities. (See Summer Institute for details)
Connecting the Pieces is an equal employment opportunity provider. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in relation to the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity, against victims of domestic violence, sexual offenses, or stalking, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.